Healthcare and Public Health Preparedness
The following highlights our engagements with clients in the Healthcare and Public Health Preparedness sector.
Cabezon Group’s Healthcare and Public Health Preparedness staff have a wealth of knowledge and practical “real world” experience and advanced degrees and certifications (PhD, MD, MPH, MSA, MSN, BSN, RN) from the public health, healthcare, and military medical sectors. Their backgrounds include clinical research, as well as patient care and disaster planning, response and recovery operations. They have represented their agencies, departments, and various federal and state governmental organizations, on actual health and medical emergency incidents. We now offer a wide variety of services, including: ICS-HICS Certification, CBRNE Decontamination, and Mass Fatality Training, realistic Preparedness and Response Exercises, and comprehensive Hospital Vulnerability Assessments.
National Institutes of Health (NIH), National Cancer Institute (NCI)
Cancer Therapy Evaluation Program (CTEP) Operation and Support
CTEP is responsible for coordinating the largest, publicly funded oncology clinical trials organization in the world. With over 900 active trials enrolling annually 30,000 study participants, nearly 400 grants and cooperative agreements, and about 100 investigational new drugs (INDs), CTEP’s staff of almost sixty talented physicians, scientists, pharmacists, nurses and regulatory specialists, assisted by multiple government contractors, works diligently to assure the safe, efficient and ethical conduct of this complex research enterprise.Read More
Specific services conducted by Cabezon under this contract include the following areas:
- Records and Document Management
- On-site Operational Support
- Information Distribution
- Technical/Application Support
- Information Assurance
- Electronic Messaging and Telecommunications
- Data Abstraction
- Customer Care
- Data Entry
- Customer Relationship Management
- Data Mining
- Performance Measurement
- Data Warehousing
- Cost-Benefit Analysis
- Decision Support
- Business Process Reengineering
- Training and Awareness Programs
Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA)
Logistical Support Services–LSSS
Cabezon Group provides SAMHSA’s Office of Policy, Planning and Innovation (OPPI) with full meeting logistical support, writing and editing, graphics and materials development, a wide range of consultant services, and Web and database management. Cabezon Group has been tasked with providing logistical, administrative, consultant, and materials support services necessary to conduct and produce written and graphic meeting support materials for a wide range of meetings each year, from small workshops to large conferences.
Department of Health and Human Services (HHS), Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS), Center for Medicare and Medicaid Innovation (CMI)
Business Integration and Analytical Support for Health Care Innovation Awards (HCIA) Round Two Award Selection – Grant Support Assistance Services
Cabezon Group is tasked with business process improvement centered in the areas of data improvement, meeting and logistics planning, the management of the internal panel grant competition and designing improved mechanisms for the center’s efforts to interface with grantees and stakeholders. Cabezon works within grants.gov and GrantSolutions as primary agency interfaces for the acceptance of grants, management of grant files, peer review and grant monitoring activities. Cabezon engages with the Center’s Office of Information Technology (IT) to ensure IT requirements are followed.Read More
- Conduct analytics of summary application data in order to inform panel design and select; Perform additional analytics to support the external panel process (with cutoffs and scoring);
- Abstract roughly 200 structured data elements into a database from 2000-2500 PDF applications as needed for analytics;
- Create, maintain, and supplement existing database of all application data during the entire review and negotiation process. (Systems may include salesforce.com, Access or SAS);
- Build and organize a repository (SharePoint or local drive) for all application materials;
- Design a workflow around the HCIA Round Two End-to-end Review Process;
- Project Management Plan–create a project plan and workflow to clearly define roles and responsibilities, timelines and risks throughout the end to end review and selection process;
- Task Order Management–activities include, but are not limited to: project planning, resource management, quality assurance, risk management, status and problem reporting, project management of activities involving user impact, such as pilots and migrations, and administrative support;
- Design and execute a tracking mechanism for the status of each application in the review process;
- Document processes for future use by CMMI;
- Provide all architectural, design and performance documentation as requested;
- Create documentation including process flows, project plans, training materials, criteria, work-flow tracking and reporting during entire CMMI review and negotiations.
Department of Health and Human Services (HHS), National Institutes of Health (NIH), National Institute of Mental Health (NIMH)
Meeting Logistics and Communications Support for the Office of Autism Research Coordination (OARC) – Interagency Autism Coordinating Committee — IACC
Cabezon Group provides logistics management support to the NIMH. Our support includes facility selection and coordination, audio visual assistance, and business services which include materials development, meeting recording and transcription, website development, and post-meeting follow-up.
Department of Health and Human Services (HHS), Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA)
The purpose of this Indefinite-Delivery-Indefinite-Quantity (IDIQ) contract is to provide a contracting mechanism for technical and consultative assistance in support of HRSA grantees. Cabezon Group is prepared to provide technical assistance in a range of areas. This assistance will include onsite and off-site visits and TA for health centers, national cooperative agreements, State/regional primary care associations, FQHC Look-Alikes, universities, community-based programs, AIDS service organizations, grantees, etc. This assistance is intended to enhance overall primary health care program performance and management of grantee activities.
Health Records Management
Cabezon Group provides electronic health record support for several health based federal government agencies which includes information assurance, data management, technical assistance, document and archival management, performance measurement and business engineering.
Emergency Preparedness, Public Health, and Medical Disaster Project Management and Consulting
Working with federal, state, regional, local, and tribal agencies, Cabezon Group provides project management, consulting, and training and education programs through health based organizations such as the United States Public Health Service Commissioned Corps. Specific to emergency preparedness, public health, and medical disaster management, support includes training, logistics planning for training missions, and IT support, including asset management, workflow development, and system support.
Logistics Management Support
Cabezon Group provides logistics management in support of eight divisions within a health-focused federal agency. Support includes meeting coordination and management; designing websites and online registration databases; editing of all meeting materials, websites, and program materials; designing graphics; processing authorizations for meeting approvals; preparing budgets, monthly reports, work assignments, and IT security reports; and overseeing communications with agencies.
Healthy Agency Meeting and Conference Logistics Management
In support of multiple divisions within a federal agency, Cabezon Group provided logistics management for numerous meetings and conferences. Support includes the creation of a customized web-based travel and meeting management tool designed to improve workflow, development and distribution of marketing collateral, cost-saving negotiation of hotel and vendor contracts, provision of science writers and transcription, and management of reimbursement.