Critical Infrastructure Protection Assessments
Cabezon’s assessment team consists of nationally recognized substantive experts on Critical Infrastructure-Key Resource (CIKR) Protection for the majority of the DHS Critical Sectors. We are certified and experienced in applying assessment methodologies such as: Sandia National Laboratories’ Risk Assessment Methodology (RAM) for Water Treatment Facilities (RAM-W), Communities (RAM-C), and Chemical Facilities (RAM-CF), HFSAI, CPTED, and CARVER; and have produced over (500) Comprehensive Risk, Vulnerability, Threat and Security Assessments on critical infrastructure.
- Hospitals and Healthcare Facilities
- Transit/Transportation Systems, (Metrobus, Metrorail, Metromover)
- Government Facilities & Complexes
- Commercial Electric Power Facilities
- Water Treatment Facilities
- Wastewater Treatment Facilities
- Stadiums, Arenas and other Public Gathering Venues
- School and University Campuses
- HazMat Storage Facilities
- Logistics Storage Facilities
- Food Manufacturing Plants
- IT Data Centers
Cabezon’s staff conducted risk assessments and provided options for consideration on risk mitigation for a multi-year project sponsored by the Assistant Secretary for Preparedness and Response (ASPR). Under this project, more than (300) comprehensive assessments on facilities including:
- Level 1-2 Trauma Centers
- Large, Medium and Small Hospitals
- High Security Forensic Facilities
- BSL-3 Laboratories
- Medical Manufacturing
- Medical Logistics Storage Facilities Medical Examiner
Cabezon Group conducts comprehensive assessments that are not a 30,000ft subjective check-list of possible disasters, but that systematically address (25) separate sections that are in sync with the Department of Homeland Security’s (DHS) established critical asset assessment target criteria. Our highly effective assessment process has been developed by applying our “hands on” knowledge of various types of infrastructure and systems, and our unique ability to build trust with asset managers, leadership and staff. Our flexible and cost-effective process results in total buy-in from our clients, who can then conveniently use the assessment report as the nucleus of their mitigation grant request. Our comprehensive assessments are designed to:
- Identify a facility’s or infrastructure’s existing protective measures and vulnerabilities that may be exploited by an adversary to degrade its ability to carry out the mission essential functions of facility or infrastructure;
- Identify the vulnerabilities, and “single points of failure” of a facility’s or infrastructure’s physical attributes that may enable manmade or naturally occurring incidents/disasters to degrade/destroy its functional capabilities;
- Provide information to enhance protective measures, target harden, and assist in harnessing any latent security system related capabilities; and “cost-effectively” mitigate against identified vulnerabilities;
- Provide a comprehensive benchmarking of information regarding critical nodes/areas that are not covered by other assessment methodologies, and which can be directly incorporated into Emergency Planning documentation; as well as Preparedness & Response Drills and Exercises;
- Establish highly accurate risk levels and risk prioritization through consequence analysis based upon real and accurate data collected directly from the client;
- Incorporate universal Crime Prevention Through Environmental Design (CPTED) features.
- Provide the advantage of an “eyes on” assessment, conducted by a highly credible and experienced, “third-party” perspective.
For more information, please contact us.